ServiceArizona is an easy way for Arizona residents to take care of Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) business any time of the day or night, from the comfort of their home or office. Currently, Arizona residents may use ServiceArizona for: online Vehicle Registration Renewals, Personalized/Specialty Plates, Fleet Registration Renewals, Address/Email Changes, ordering replacement Driver Licenses or Identification Cards with or without an address change, obtaining a Restricted Use 3-Day Permit, viewing available Plate Credit, Driver License Reinstatement, Voter Registration, Duplicate Vehicle Registration, obtaining a 30-Day General Use Permit, Plate Refund, Vehicle Sold Notice, Vehicle Fee Recap, Citizens MVR - Title and Registration and Driver License, Insurance Information, Tab Replacement, Off-Highway Vehicle Decal, Lien Motor Vehicle Inquiry, Emissions/Registration Fees Check, Permanent Disability Placard Replacement, Vehicle De-Insure Certificate, Schedule Travel ID Appointments, Insurance Update and Vehicle Reinstatement and for Fleet ApplicationFleet Application.
Your privacy and security are our highest priority. That's why we're hard at work on an ongoing basis to keep ServiceArizona one of the most secure websites on the Internet. Here are just a few of the things we are doing to protect you:
- All confidential records are kept locked inside an "electronic vault" protected by IBM's most advanced security technologies and among the most comprehensive security programs and services in the industry...the IBM Secureway (tm) line of products.
- All ServiceArizona transactions convert to a secured mode, using encryption through secured socket layer (SSL), as soon as the customer clicks on the icon from the home page. All personal information is encrypted when sent from or received by the customer's computer.
- Professional IBM security specialists have trained IBM's employees on security procedures. These procedures are checked and double-checked by both the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division and IBM's security experts on a regular basis.
- IBM conducts audits of every security checkpoint several times a year. This includes a rigorous inspection of IBM technology, procedures, training and personnel.
NOTE: ServiceArizona does not collect or share data on Website users for marketing purposes.
Sold Notice is a service that allows citizens to electronically notify the Motor Vehicle Division when a vehicle has been sold, transferred ownership, or lease has ended.
The sold notice must be submitted for your own vehicle, and can only be applied to an Arizona titled vehicle or any vehicle with an annual registration type (ARO, SPI, SAR, etc.).
Note: The vehicle must be sold prior to submitting a sold notice.
The Sold Notice service includes:
- Entering vehicle and seller’s information.
- Entering buyer’s information and date vehicle was sold.
- Viewing and/or printing a confirmation.
- Completing an optional survey.
A sold notice should be submitted to MVD within 10 calendar days of the date the vehicle is sold.
Vehicle and Seller’s Information
- Vehicle ID number (VIN)
- Seller’s or lessee’s customer/driver license number
- Seller’s or lessee’s name
Buyer’s Information (if known)
- Name of buyer
- Address of buyer
- Date vehicle was sold (required)
Yes. If you would like to submit a sold notice by mail, please click here to view, complete, and print the sold notice form.
There is no fee to submit a sold notice.
Sold notices are automatically updated within the MVD system. This means that the record update and time of sold notice submittal are simultaneous.
A reprint of the Confirmation/Receipt for your online Sold Notice transaction can be obtained up to 14 days from the date of your online Sold Notice transaction. Click here here to reprint your confirmation/receipt.
No. In order to transfer ownership, the seller must complete the transfer information located on the back of the Certificate of Title and submit the title to the new owner.
You may pay with credit/debit/check cards. Check cards are linked to checking accounts and are accepted anywhere credit cards are accepted. Debit/Check card purchases are automatically deducted from the linked checking account.
In addition, some Kiosks are equipped with cash and check acceptors.
ServiceArizona is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with the exception of the following time periods:
Transactions cannot be performed during the scheduled maintenance periods:
- Between 11:50 PM and 12:10 AM daily; and
- Between midnight and 2:00 AM each Sunday.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Motor Vehicle Division at one of the numbers listed below.
|Elsewhere in Arizona dial:||(800) 251-5866|
|Hearing/Speech Impaired-TDD systems only:||Phoenix (602) 712-3222|
For information regarding plate and fee to owner, click here.