ServiceArizona is an easy way for Arizona residents to take care of Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) business any time of the day or night, from the comfort of their home or office. Currently, Arizona residents may use ServiceArizona for: online Vehicle Registration Renewals, Personalized/Specialty Plates, Fleet Registration Renewals, Address/Email Changes, ordering replacement Driver Licenses or Identification Cards with or without an address change, obtaining a Restricted Use 3-Day Permit, viewing available Plate Credit, Driver License Reinstatement, Voter Registration, Duplicate Vehicle Registration, obtaining a 30-Day General Use Permit, Plate Refund, Vehicle Sold Notice, Vehicle Fee Recap, Citizens MVR - Title and Registration and Driver License, Insurance Information, Tab Replacement, Off-Highway Vehicle Decal, Lien Motor Vehicle Inquiry, Emissions/Registration Fees Check, Permanent Disability Placard Replacement, Vehicle De-Insure Certificate, Schedule Travel ID Appointments, Insurance Update and Vehicle Reinstatement and for Fleet ApplicationFleet Application.
Your privacy and security are our highest priority. That's why we're hard at work on an ongoing basis to keep ServiceArizona one of the most secure websites on the Internet. Here are just a few of the things we are doing to protect you:
- All confidential records are kept locked inside an "electronic vault" protected by IBM's most advanced security technologies and among the most comprehensive security programs and services in the industry...the IBM Secureway (tm) line of products.
- All ServiceArizona transactions convert to a secured mode, using encryption through secured socket layer (SSL), as soon as the customer clicks on the icon from the home page. All personal information is encrypted when sent from or received by the customer's computer.
- Professional IBM security specialists have trained IBM's employees on security procedures. These procedures are checked and double-checked by both the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division and IBM's security experts on a regular basis.
- IBM conducts audits of every security checkpoint several times a year. This includes a rigorous inspection of IBM technology, procedures, training and personnel.
NOTE: ServiceArizona does not collect or share data on Website users for marketing purposes.
Vehicle De-Insured Certificate is a service that allows citizens to electronically notify the Motor Vehicle Division when a vehicle has been de-insured and the vehicle is not operational, will be placed in storage, or will not be operated on the highway of this state. A de-insured vehicle may still be required to be registered.
To de-insure your vehicle, complete the online De-Insure Certificate. Return to the Self Service Workstation's Service Arizona landing page and select "Vehicle De-Insured Certificate." To de-insure your vehicle, complete the online De-Insure Certificate, click here.
The Vehicle De-Insured Certificate service includes:
- Enter vehicle, zip code and customer information
- View and print/email confirmation
- Complete an optional survey
When you know the vehicle is not operational, will be placed in storage, or will not be operated on a highway in this state.
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Zip code
- Customer or Company information
Yes, by submitting ADOT De-Insured Certificate form 46-0602.
There is no fee to submit a Vehicle De-Insured Certificate.
The online Vehicle De-Insured Certificate is a real time transaction. Once the Vehicle De-Insured Certificate is successfully completed, the vehicle record will automatically update on the Motor Vehicle Division database with the Vehicle De-Insured status code.
A reprint of the Confirmation/Receipt for your online Vehicle De-Insure transaction can be obtained up to 14 days from the date of your online Vehicle De-Insure transaction. Click here here to reprint your confirmation/receipt.
The owner or lessee of the vehicle may submit a Vehicle De-Insured Certificate.
ServiceArizona is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with the exception of the following time periods:
Transactions cannot be performed during the scheduled maintenance periods:
- Between 11:50 PM and 12:10 AM daily; and
- Between midnight and 2:00 AM each Sunday.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Motor Vehicle Division at one of the numbers listed below.
|Elsewhere in Arizona dial:||(800) 251-5866|
|Hearing/Speech Impaired-TDD systems only:||Phoenix (602) 712-3222|
For information regarding plate and fee to owner, click here.